I serve this beautiful soup with wholegrain or gluten-free toast lightly brushed with olive oil, crushed garlic and chopped parsley.
Ingredients: (use organic where possible)
2 Tbsp butter or coconut oil
4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
2 large leeks (outer leaves removed), washed and sliced
4 large floury potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
2 turnips, peeled and cut into cubes
5 cups good quality vegetable stock
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp garlic salt
Handful of fresh thyme, washed and removed from stem
1 cup milk (leave out for vegan/dairy-free option and add 1 extra cup of stock)
Greek yoghurt to serve
1. Bring a medium heavy bottomed saucepan to a medium heat and add the first five ingredients.
2. Saute the vegetables for five minutes or so adding a little stock to prevent sticking if needed.
3. Add stock pepper, garlic salt and half the thyme, cover and simmer for twenty minutes or until potatoes and turnips are tender.
4. Take off heat and add the milk (or extra stock) and remaining thyme, ladle into blender and blend until smooth.
5. Serve with a dollop of greek yoghurt and a sprig of fresh thyme.